Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Microsoft Visio

Microsoft Visio is an amazing program that helps users create professional diagrams to simplify complex information with shapes and stencils. Although I have never worked in Visio for anything related to work, I can imagine all of the possibilities and efficiencies it can add to the workplace. In my former role at Medco, I remember that Visio was used for our organizational chart. After playing around in the program, I was able to see that it can be used for more than just organizational charts but flowcharts. It can be used as a highly effective way to graphically show the flow of processes, information and more. When faced with a problem, it usually helps to write things down, or draw them out. In terms of organizing and reorganizing, Visio can be extremely helpful to make sure that everyone is on the same page and is all seeing the same thing. I know that if possible, I will try to incorporate this program in the workplace and share the benefits it provides with my colleagues. Not only does it make things easier for departments internally, but it can also be useful for clients to see and understand. Companies can also cut costs by using Visio. Because the program allows such information to be seen so visually, companies can determine where processes need improving as opposed to hiring a third party to figure out more efficient ways to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment